Registration is now open for the 100BMGWDC Saturday Leadership Academy (SLA).
Mentoring is the cornerstone to all of the 100’s programming and the foundation of our local chapter’s premier initiative, the Saturday Leadership Academy (SLA). The SLA is an exciting opportunity for young men, 8th-12th grade, to interact with caring adult mentors who are members of the Greater Washington, D.C. chapter.
The program is designed to help develop our youth into leaders by inspiring them to identify personal dreams and goals. We encourage and empower them to build action plans geared toward achieving their objectives. As a SLA participant, students grow and develop by involvement in challenging individual and team activities that feature both fun and educational field trips. Students get to engage with professionals from myriad of careers and learn firsthand about what it takes to achieve difficult goals. Our students are also exposed to opportunities to engage in community service projects.
- Improved grades
- Assistance with college admissions
- Improved presentation skills
- Increased awareness of local, national & international events
- Increased exposure to self-development
Our SLA participants also benefit from a number of presentations and seminars featuring guest speakers who offer expertise in the following topic areas:
- Keys to academic success: How to do well in school
- Life after High School Options
- Career Planning
- Discerning Meaning and Purpose
- Physical Fitness & Wellness
- Citizenship & Civic Engagement/ Government & Politics
- Conflict Avoidance and Resolution
- Economic Empowerment